Tuesday, September 9, 2008

UPCYCLING YOURSELF.




My idea is simple, but I'm not sure how to use a manufacturer.... I've been thinking about using old t-shirts to make teddy bears. I was thinking about how baby's sleep better with something that smells like their mom near them... like placing an old t-shirt in the crib with them. I think that my product would actually be just instructions for mothers, a pattern of sorts to make DIY teddy bears with their old maternity tee's. Upcycling yourself if you will.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Hmmm...a thoughtful concept.
1. Research / data/ journal articles discussing the specifics of infant / mommy scent interactions and baby safety considerations!
2. Means of distribution is going to be key for your instruction sheets - web based, community based, with other products, etc.
3. Think about how you could prototype quickly and then get your product in the hands of some mommies for testing - both in terms of constructability and effectiveness.
4. Would you consider a nominal, optional charge to benefit an appropriate charity? Take a look at the work of Jonathan Greenblatt or listen to a podcast with him at